Monday, August 23, 2010

My dog still has redness at 2.5 months post-spay; does that sound normal?

My dog (who is 1.5 y.o) had her surgery 2.5 months ago; no problems with licking (in fact, I think that when she lays down the skin folds so she can't lick it). The incision has healed and never looked infected but the area around the incision is still quite red (there is a clear difference between that area and the rest of her tummy). It looks irritated but she doesn't seem bothered by it. She eats, drinks, poops, pees just fine. Am I worrying needlessly or should I take her back to the vet? It just seems strange...I would expect the incision line to remain pink but the area is almost an inch on either side of the incision.

My dog still has redness at 2.5 months post-spay; does that sound normal?
2.5 months it should be totally normal , the incision should be raised and normal skin color,,, , Is the red accompanied by swelling? if not, it is probably fine , but it would not be a bad idea it have it checked , if you need to up date vaccinations , have a vet look at the incision at that time .

elephant foot

No comments:

Post a Comment