Monday, August 23, 2010

Why does my dog's back move when I touch it?

Whenever I pet my dog's back or near the base of her tail, her back kind of convulses. Not violently, but her back skin seems to move up toward her neck a little and then back to it's place. Is this normal or is this a problem??

Why does my dog's back move when I touch it?
I know what you mean. My dogs all do that too. I think it is just an involuntary twitch in reaction to the initial touch (probably benefits the dog in keeping off insects and such). It just happens when you first put you hand on her back, right? I don't think it is anything to worry about. After that initial touch she enjoys being petted there? I would only worry if she seems tender, doesn't like the touch, or makes some other sign that it bothers her.


Did you know that petting your dog lowers both your pets and your blood pressure? Keep petting her and you will both be healthier and happier.


No comments:

Post a Comment