Friday, August 20, 2010

My dog stinks! I've tried everything. Can you help me?

My dog is a lab mix and he's 12 years old. He stinks something awful. The weird thing is that it's not constant - it mostly comes in waves - especially when he's sleeping or laying down. Like if he's laying beside me on the couch I just get hit in the face with the worst smell you can imagine. If you smell his coat it smells fine. I bath him regularly with good shampoo and have even taken him to the groomer to no avail. Obviously this doesn't work because I think his problem lies deeper. I have tried vitamins for his skin (from the vet) and a dietary supplement I have bought online. I had his anal glands checked they are empty. I took him to the vet several times and even had bloodwork done on him. There is absolutely nothing wrong with him to explain the stench. His diet consists solely of lamb and rice which the vet told me to feed him. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My dog stinks! I've tried everything. Can you help me?
Have you had his teeth checked? A lot of the odors in older dogs come from their teeth. Check with your vet and see if you can get him in for a teeth cleaning. If so, he'll feel better AND smell better!





Good luck!
Reply:hes old. most old dogs smell its just a fact of getting older. sorry. ps. my 9 year old dog smells funny also the vet said its just her age


No comments:

Post a Comment